The literal and figurative: How did I get here?

 In July 2021, I gave my one year notice at work, setting into action the goal to figure out what I would do after leaving my role as an elementary school Principal in the Lower East Side of New York.  After spending 11 years at my beloved school, it was time for a change. I had weathered the COVID storm (correction: I was still weathering), had gotten married, and frankly, was growing very weary of doing long distance between two continents.  We considered a lot of options: staying in NY and being bi-continental, Rodrigo trying to move to USA, or me moving full time to Brazil. The last option seemed like a true far shot. 

Fast forward to March 2022, after months of job & soul searching, LinkedIn profiles, and future employer courting, I learned of an amazing opportunity at the American School of Brasilia as a Middle School Principal. Of course I would be silly not to apply.  A very concise 2.5 weeks later, I had landed the role and signed a job offer to move to Brazil and start my new job in 3 months. On a whirlwind goodbye trip to my beloved New York life, apartment, and family, I bought a one way Latam ticket for myself, Rodrigo and my cats and moved to Brasilia in July 2022! 

How was the trip? How did we prepare cats for international travel? What did I pack? What did I leave behind?  Find out in the next post...

Last rooftop hang with Shayne

Last rooftop hang drinks courtesy of Katie

Cleo and Norm on moving day in their beloved cat tree.

At Dom Francisco: made it to Brazil!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog